Hard to imagine fast food being any part of a healthy diet plan, however the bright side is that you can enjoy healthy fast food choices without undermining your weight loss efforts. Quotes have one in 4 American's eating in restaurants daily, and because junk foods offer an inexpensive, mobile meal, it's not surprising that many of us are choosing them. Problem is, the majority of junk foods bring you practically an entire day's worth of calories, salt and fat in an handy package you can consume on the go. A normal junk food meal has a rate of over 1700 calories.
Luckily numerous fast food chains, as well as more conventional dining establishments, are getting the message and offering foods that look more like what we 'd prepare in the house, if we had the time. There are now soups and salads along with veggies and fruits. Fast food icon McDonald's even provides a remarkably delicious yogurt and granola parfait.
If junk food places are an inevitable part of your regimen, here are five wise methods to make much healthier, less diet plan defeating options when you pull up to the window.
1) Keep part sizes in line - always get the smallest size of a sandwich or side you can and you'll save calories and fat. Typically single portions in these restaurants are enough for two meals.
2) Pick a healthy side - now more than ever, there are healthy alternatives on those fast food menus. Select a side salad with low fat dressing, a baked potato, apple or orange pieces, corn on the cob, steamed rice or baked potato chips.
3) Add greens - get a salad for the entrée and add grilled chicken, shrimp or veggies and have the dressing on the side. Consider McDonald's Southwest Salad, Burger King's Chicken Garden Salad and Wendy's Chicken Caesar Salad. Caution; try to avoid breaded or fried garnishes, as well as extras like bacon bits, croutons or cheese.
4) Opt for grilled - fried and breaded foods are loaded with calories and fat. Stay away from anything labeled deep-fried, pan-fried, basted, batter-dipped, breaded, creamy, crispy, scalloped, Alfredo, au gratin or in cream sauce. Your best bets are turkey or chicken breast, lean ham or roast beef.
5) Select beverages carefully - an unexpected source of calories, the beverage you opt to go with your meal can make a difference. Regular soda is loaded with calories, while diet reg.soda, unsweetened ice tea, shimmering or mineral water are low calorie, thirst quenching choices. Avoid the shakes, as you can imagine of, they're packed with calories and your saturated fat allotment for an entire day.
Remember that you do not need to choose what's frequently used with a sandwich. Request for alternatives like low fat mayo or mustard, dressing served on the side or salsa instead of cheesy, calorie-laden sauce. Or buy your sandwich without its usual toppings and include your very own ketchup or mustard rather. In the end, if you understand you'll be tempted after a late meeting or on the way home from soccer practice make certain you chose healthy fast food choices which exactly what you consume in the past and after is extremely healthy. It will not harm on days like this to make an additional effort to get a little exercise in also.
Are to looking to lose a few extra pounds and burn unwanted fat around your mid-section? We have the solution for you!
CLICK HERE NOW!